Wizer’s Oswego Foods opened in 1948. It relocated from the building pictured in the background to a Richard Sundeleaf-designed building on the southwest block of A Avenue and First Street in 1960. The shopping center stood until 2015.
The Society commissioned Lake Oswego artist Mary Ann Kunkel to create original artwork based on a photo in the Lake Oswego Public Library’s collection. (photo of original sign is shown in the inset/overlay to the right). Click image to see larger, detailed view of the actual sign.
The distressed-looking metal sign is 12.5 x 16 inches and is available for $30 plus $9 shipping. It is suitable for display inside or outside and each sign comes with a hanger.
Our Wizer’s Oswego Foods sign is also available at our History Center & Museum located at 40 Wilbur Street in Lake Oswego.