Jane and Rudolph Erickson House, Circa 1920
Location: 2535 Glenmorrie Ln
From the Cultural Resources Inventory Field Form:
This Bungalow was constructed in 1920 on the P.E. Morey Estate which had been subdivided some ten years earlier. For more than 65 years the house belonged to Jane and Rudolph Erickson. Jane designed the dwelling~ including the brickwork and rockery in the yard. An accompanying fruit orchard was sold after the house was built. The house is significant for its association withErickson.
Jane and Rudolph Erickson were amateur geologists and members of the Geological Society of Oregon Country. Jane,
an award winning playwright, wrote “A Mighty Fortress” and several other dramas produced nationwide and on television. She helped found the Lake Oswego Community Theatre and acted as Vice-President and General Manager. She was active in the League of Women Voters. Local residents remember her as a community leader who swayed her neighbors time and again on local issues. Only when Jane Erickson agreed to hook up to the Lake Oswego sewer system, would the neighborhood comply, so the story goes.