Carl House, Circa 1925
(aka Postmaster’s House)
Location: 15110 Boones Ferry Road
Constructed in the early 1900’s, this may have been one of the earliest homes built in this section of Lake Grove. Local informants remember George Carl, an Austrian who served as Postmaster in Lake Grove in 1954, residing in the house prior to 1930. The symmetrical façade arrangement, classically inspired columns and shutters are characteristic of the early 20th century variety of the Colonial Revival style.