Historic Properties

Landmark and National Register Properties

The City of Lake Oswego’s Historic Resources Advisory Board maintains the Landmark Designation List. These properties have been deemed to be significant to the community’s history and are protected from major exterior alterations or demolition through a public hearing process.

From time to time, Landmark properties come on the market. At this time, new stewards are needed for the following Landmark:

  • Sundeleaf House 16715 Phantom Bluff Court, Lake Oswego, OR 97034 – Richard Sundeleaf, architect

National Register Properties

See the gallery of photos.

george rogers house

The George Rogers House designed by James Van Evera Bailey in 1929 is on the National Register of Historic Places.

The National Register of Historic Places is the official list of the Nation’s historic places worthy of preservation. Authorized by the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, the National Park Service’s National Register of Historic Places is part of a national program to coordinate and support public and private efforts to identify, evaluate, and protect America’s historic and archeological resources.

There are currently 17 properties in the Lake Oswego area that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The 18th property, the Charles W. Ertz House, was demolished in 2000. The Bates Houses #2 and #3 are not pictured in the photo gallery.

To see the National Register nomination forms for these properties, please click on this link: National Park website.