There are many ways that you can support the work of the Lake Oswego Preservation Society. Here are a few!
- Join: Annual dues begin as low as $25. We have an active and growing membership base, including 15 lifetime members. Annual dues contribute a significant portion of our funding. Please see the join us page for membership information.
- Donate: A portion of our funding is derived from donations. The Society is proud to be an Oregon Cultural Trust partner. You may benefit from a tax credit when you donate to us and make a matching donation to the Trust. See donate for more information. We also are building two funds: a historic urban conservancy fund to purchase, protect, and resell noteworthy historic properties and a legal defense fund for land use advocacy. One example of the latter is our successful legal battle to save the Carman House, Lake Oswego’s oldest house, which we pursued all the way to the Oregon Supreme Court. This victory was a landmark ruling, which also protects 3,200 other historic properties statewide.
- Attend: Many of our events are offered at no charge or are discounted to members. You can help the Society by attending our events. Please visit our Special Events page for additional information.
- Like: Join over 1,735 fans who have liked our Facebook page and you’ll stay up-to-the-minute on Society activities. Best of all, it’s free!
- Volunteer: The Society is an all-volunteer organization so we understand and appreciate the need to make choices about donating your time. Let us know if you’d like to lend a hand. The Society is very proud of our involvement in community events. We participate in the Lake Oswego Farmer’s Market, the City’s Star Spangled 4th of July parade, Lock Fest, and more. If you are interested in helping at any of these events, please email us. Research skills are highly valued because all of our events, publications, and outreach are based on primary source materials. If you have this interest, please contact us. With the opening of our History Center and Museum in April 2017 we will be looking for volunteer docents. From time to time, the Society also has positions available on our Board of Directors. Please contact us if you are interested in being interviewed for a Board position.
- Shop: We’ve created a shopful of unique and fun Lake Oswego items you won’t find anywhere else. They make a perfect gift for the person who has everything or for someone who has just moved to town. Our unique merchandise includes the Paul A. Lanquist designed Lake Oswego posters, greetings from Lake Oswego postcards, Live Where You Play notecards, Lake Oswego Vignettes, a retro Lake Oswego novelty apron and other products listed on our shop page.
Together we will make a difference!